Research consistently shows that the following contribute to most shoulder complaints:
- Direct trauma
- Object hitting the shoulder
- Poor posture
- Repetitive activity
"My shoulder aches at night."
"My shoulder hurts with activity overhead."
"I cannot raise my arm up."
"My shoulder hurts when I do a lot of lifting away from my body, but not with my arms closer to my body."
"I have a hard time sleeping on my injured side."
- Muscle strains or ligament sprains
- Bone spurs
- Torn tendons or ligaments (rotator cuff tear, SLAP lesion)
- Tendinitis in the rotator cuff or biceps muscles
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Subluxations (dislocations)
Along with skilled manual therapy, individualized stretching and strengthening and patient education, we may incorporate methods such as Theraband, theraputty, theracord, aquatherapy pools, therapeutic taping, ice, heat, electrical stimulation, and iontophoresis.
Our goal is to quickly restore your function, relieve your pain and get you back to your favorite activities.
Since 1994, our evidenced based approach has helped thousands of West Michigan patients get back to their lives.
Contact Us for help relieving your shoulder pain.