We are so excited to welcome you back to the Academy (outdoors to start!) and get moving with you again. Beginning next week, we will be offering a selection of classes you may attend using your membership or class pack. Our hope is to expand class offerings with time and demand. Please take a moment to read through class details and precautions we are taking outlined below.
You will notice a new class offering called, Total Body Fitness. Think of this class as a fusion of Lunch Crunch, Iron Maidens, and HIIT. It is targeted to our clients who previously attended those classes. It is a moderate-high intensity workout combining strength and cardiovascular exercises with the use of bodyweight, bands, free weights and more.
Not ready to attend class? No problem. Academy instructors will be recording a 30-minute Total Body Fitness workout using no equipment. All levels of fitness are welcome, modifications and progressions will be provided.
- Classes will take place on the east side of the building. You will see reserved parking spaces and our check-in station set up, that is our workout space – it is shaded!
- All class packs and memberships will be extended to reflect our 3-month closure
- All classes are 45-minutes in length
- If your schedule allows, feel free to arrive a few minutes early to get started with our check-in process
- Classes are limited to 10 participants
- Bring your own mat, water, and a chair if you’d like a place to sit during rest periods
- Pre-registration is required. Please create an account by clicking on the class you’d like to attend HERE and pre-register for classes as space is limited and to receive updates regarding inclement weather OR email 24 hours prior to class time. In instances of inclement weather, we will offer class virtually using Zoom. We must have your email if you’d like to participate virtually.
What to expect & precautions we are taking:
- We ask that you please practice safe social distancing by maintaining 6′ of space between yourself and others, we will be doing the same
- We are required to take your temperature and complete a pre-screening questionnaire prior to each class
- We will be using minimal equipment to limit the number of touch points
- All equipment will be cleaned and sanitized before and after use
- You will have your own pieces of equipment for the duration of the class
- We have created small baggies with loop bands and resistance bands that will be assigned to you for your own use moving forward, these will not be shared
- All workout spaces have been measured and marked to honor social distancing
- We will provide hand sanitizer for clients to use prior to the workout and upon completion
- Indoor restrooms may be used only in emergency situations and a mask must be worn to enter the building
- Staff are required to wear masks during both check-in and throughout the class
- Masks are encouraged to wear during the check-in process, but not required during class
If you have any questions or thoughts regarding the information provided, please Contact us at or (616)954-0950 ext 258. We are thrilled to welcome you back next week! Please take a look at our updated schedule HERE, sign up for class and get ready to move with us again. If you encounter issues with signing up, just send us an email and we will get back to you.
In Health, The Academy Team