We thank you for your patience and understanding the past six months. With Governor Whitmer’s most recent executive order, we are able to take the next steps in our re-opening process and begin to bring services back indoors. We have been so happy to see many familiar faces and welcome new clients to the Academy (outdoors) this summer. Below we have outlined updates for classes at The Academy
For the month of September, we will be keeping classes outdoors as long as weather permits. If it is raining or colder than 50 degrees then we will bring class indoors. We have received feedback that you are all enjoying exercising outdoors for the time being. We will continue with our current class schedule and plan to reassess our class schedule for the month of October and beyond. We hope to add classes back to our schedule (Examples: Balance, Iron Maidens). Our space is ready for you starting this upcoming Monday. Click here to view our current class schedule.
When classes are indoors at The Academy, here is what to expect and the precautions we are taking:
- Face masks are required to wear when inside the building
- We ask that you please practice safe social distancing by maintaining 6′ of space between yourself and others, we will be doing the same
- We are required to take your temperature and complete a pre-screening questionnaire upon arrival
- Bring your own mat/towel and water
- We have created pods that you will be assigned to. Each pod will have equipment needed for class. The pods have been measured to honor social distancing requirements.
- Please bring minimal belongings, we will not be allowing the use of cubbies and ask that you bring your belongings to the area where you will be working out
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use prior to and upon completion of your session
- Strict cleaning protocols are in place to maintain a safe and clean environment
- All equipment has been cleaned and sanitized before and after use
- We ask to please refrain from gathering near the front desk to avoid congestion as others enter the Academy space
- We encourage you to pre-register on MindBody or please communicate with the instructor or myself to secure your spot
- All classes are limited to 10 participants
- We ask that if you are feeling sick or have been previously been sick that you stay home until you are feeling well
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out at or (6160954-0950 ext 258. Thanks again for your support.
In Health, The Academy Team